Torrents with wait time
I just joined a major Torrent site and have to work my ratio up to be able to download the newest stuff. No biggie really because I have access to most new releases through other channels so I thought "Hey, I'll just seed on those new torrents which I cannot download yet", but alas that's not how it should be.
It seems that at least the Torrent site I've joined doesn't even allow you to seed on the torrent if you have wait time on it. I keep thinking why not? It can be quite hard to work your ratio up because to do that, the torrent needs leechers and only the newest torrents usually have enough leechers for it to be worthwhile, and as a newly joined you can't download or seed on those.
I'd like to put forth this suggestion for the BitTorrent protocol (I'm sure others before me already did it though):
Wait time is great for newly joined, for downloading. Distinguish between wait time on Seeds and Downloads.

No comments:
Post a Comment